Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

I am 5"2 112 Ibs, blonder hair, blue eyes and don't have a huge wardrobe and have very thin hair. I want to look nice for my interview but I am looking for the right look. (Reception work)



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

Pull our hair back and make sure your makeup is flawless with the perfect amount, that makes you look clean and pretty. You should wear a nice fitted dress pants and a shirt that doesn't look too casual and nice heels(not sandals, but not anything wintery)



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

You should do a little research and find out how others in the company dress. You should dress according to how someone one job category above the job you are applying for would dress.



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

WEAR A BUSINESS SUIT THAT'S REALLY NICE WITH SOME MATCHING HEELS. DON'T EVER WEAR JEANS TO A INTERVIEW UNLESS YOU'RE GOING TO MCDONALD'S. YOU CAN DO YOUR HAIR BY LEAVING IT DOWN.



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

Look on the net there are lots of web sites that can help. Look like yoursel though. Dont be fake. If you go and wear something that doesn''t match your wardrobe then...and you get hired and you go in the next day wearing something completly different and unsuitable it will be all fake. I first interview I wore black pants, heels, baby doll tank and a small black jacket. Depends also where you're applying. NO JEANS!! Hair half up and same colour eye shadow of your shirt. (no too jurastic!?



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

looking good is not necessary for ur interview coz jobs r not given by styles.if u want to join jobs like where fashion is necessary then wear a pink dress leave ur hair and put a pink clip. ok only these many tips i can give .



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

My step sister is working as a resiptionest so she needed nice things to wear at work so she got things like below the knee skirts and no tank top with spigetti strap, but no suit. As for hair do want you want with it like keep down nicely brushed or how you want it. Now makeup is a hard thing put on just enough to look meture but dont put on enough make it totally obveuse from a didtence



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

I am so glad you asked this question. I worked for 4 years as a Human Resource Manager, and believe me, I have seen some real horrors walk in my door. I felt badly for them, just because I was sure they just didn't know. I hope I can help: first, I don't care what anyone says, a nice skirt, blouse, dress or suit is still the best dress. I would even encourage a nice pantsuit. Make sure you are covered. Even though it's acceptable in many places, I would never go to an interview without stockings or hose of some kind. If you wear a pants suit, matching knee high socks are appropriate. SInce you mentioned your hair is thin, pull it back and wear a nice pony tail or bun. Wear barette, or some hair ornament. Nails should be clean and trimmed, polish ok, but not wild colors. Minimum make up, clean teeth and breath. Smile often, be cordial and speak clearly. A receptionist is one of th e most important jobs in a company/ Why? Because you are the first impression people will see or hear when they contact your company. How you look, how you speak, and how you address people (pleasant attitude,) can make or break a company. Oh - wear comfortable, clean shoes. You may have to walk a lot. High heels, unless you are very comfortable wearing them can get in the way. Dresses should be appropriate in length - nothing too short. I wish you the very, very best. I remember starting as a receptionist and had to get coffee and listen to people call me "gal" for 1 year - but I welcomed every bit of it - because I proved to them that I was the best person for the job. I was recognized for my professionalism and courtesy and even clients asked for me personally when I was ready to move up in the company. Don't despise small beginnings. You're on your way to the top! (piercings and tatoos are no-nos... in the corporate world - unless they aren't seen.



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

Perfect grooming is your first assignment when you interview for a job, whether you want to be a CEO or an entry-level factory worker. To a prospective employer, how you dress says a great deal about you.



Steps:



1. Call the receptionist or secretary at the prospective employer's office for tips on what employees there wear.



2. Consider the job's location. If it's a library in a strip mall, you can wear a sweater and slacks. At a corporate office, wear a conservative business suit. A pantsuit with a sweater or blouse is appropriate for an informal office.



3. Choose between closed-toe shoes, pumps and loafers. If you are wearing a skirt, nylons are a must.



4. Avoid miniskirts, tight sweaters, sloppy overalls and sandals with straps.



5. Check your outfit for holes, tears, stains, scuffs or wrinkles.



6. Tone down the use of makeup, hair spray, perfume and jewelry. One nose ring is one too many and may cost you the job of your dreams.



7. Inspect your hair, nails, hems and the shine on your shoes.



8. Wear a silk scarf and carry a nice briefcase or portfolio. Leave the oversized, disorganized handbag at home.



Tips:



You have one chance to make a first impression; it's better to dress too formally than to dress too casually.



Trendy is fine, as long as you keep your style subtle. Clothes make a strong statement about you. What do you want to say?



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

If its a NICE place (private club, huge company, fine dining, high end medical) you want to wear a suit, preferably conservatiove - pants, skirt and matching jacket.



If its at an office that is small and not so prestegious then you should pick out something from your wardrobe thats simple and professional, even if they are just buisness casual try to wear a pair of black, brown, gray dress pants. Make sure they are hemmed to the right legth! Conservative shoes - no sandals, or peep toed. Stick with plain and classy. Flats are fine.



For hair put it up. Either in a bun, clip, or slick ponytail. Having it down and look frumpy when you don't plan to look that way. Make sure you don't have to fuss with it at all at the interview.



For makeup. Look polished. Don't over do it. Look confidant. Smile and be you. Have a crisp copy of your resume. And be FABULOUS! good luck



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

buy a professional magazine and look at how the models are dressed...



always look pleasant and professional...you shouldnt over-do your make up....hair should be neat and do not over accessorize yourself....be simple



How should I dress, hair and makeup for an interview?

you sound gorgeous. my sis answered for me up there reseption work rocks sometimes and sometimes it is really borring I mean I am at work now you should keep it professional and clean cut but no suts and put you own little spin on it make sure you are happy and smile durring the interview but be kind of but not too serious no goofing off you will do fine

No comments:

Post a Comment