Thursday, July 23, 2009

Have you ever taken vitamins or silica for your hair? How much did your hair thicken if any?

Did your hair thicken any? How much percent would you say? Are the vitamins worth it? I have long thin / fine hair. It still looks nice, but I am always worrying about the amount of hair that I have. I always obsess when strands come out too. I would especially like answers from people with thin hair who have tried vitamins or silica. Thanks.



Have you ever taken vitamins or silica for your hair? How much did your hair thicken if any?

Vitamins do not help me at all, nothing can help your hair grow in thicker

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I have a thyroid and ovarian problems so my hair always needs special care to looks healthy. That said, the comment above is a negative b/s, why post if you have nothing good to say?...

    My beauty regime is eating loads of veggies, lean protein, oily fish and lots of greens (broccoli, broad beans, add lots of fresh coriander or parsley when cooking)!! I drink more than 1ltr water throughout the day, and take vitamines i.e:

    A C + E (complex)
    B6
    Omega 3 and 6 Oil in capsules

    The weekends when Im not busy socially, I tend to detox by having fresh carrot+apple juice with half a lemon squeezed into it. Just by keeping your liver healthy you help your body eliminate toxins faster and your overall well being will be reflected in the hair skin and nails. Fact !

    Also, try to go for organic shampoos which do not use too much silicon and detergents that strip your hair of natural oils. You could rub iodised salt into your scalp (for about 10min - twice a week) whilst bathing, that strengthens the hair follicles. Salt contains iron, magnesium and other minerals essential for hair growth.

    Be well and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with all of Marina's comments and add that liquid zinc (more easily absorbed) is critical for healthy, thick hair. An excellent hair treatment is ooodles of olive oil massaged into hair and scalp and left on for as long as possible, hair will be silky and manageable. Also take magnesium at night. Consider horsetail as a supplement too.
    Juliette

    ReplyDelete