Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where should the layers start in my hair? And V-Shape?

I am thinking about getting more layers done in my hair. Last time I had only long layers, and a slight (ending up to be unnoticable) angle in the front. People have told me I should try a V-Shape with layers, but I'm not exactly sure what a "v-shape" would look like. Could someone explain that to me? Also, I've heard from other people that too many layers makes your hair look thin. My hair is medium-on the thin side of medium- thickness, very straight, and a few inches below the shoulder, so I don't want it to look thinner. What's a happy-medium length for layers? Pictures of the V-shape and/or layers that you reccomend would be nice.....



Where should the layers start in my hair? And V-Shape?

hey mate, i'm a hairdresser so i think i can help. A V shape is where if you were looking at someone from the back the hair would meet at a point in the centre of the back. So its goes shorter at the front and longer at the spine. Honestly the thin and shaggy look is in - i'd cut the length of the hair rounded not V and i'd do nice shaggy layers, and have a nice emphasis around your crown area. (in other words have your shortest layers finishing just where you can feel your head start to curve into you neck - hope that makes sense) and have a nice slightly thick side bangs. It would look gorgeous! Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment